October 01, 2010



Tomorrow I lay to rest the body of my dd not her soul because it lives on through others as we respected her wishes to Donate Life. She was beautiful, bold, vibrant, smart and just so straight forward. She was planning her birthday party next month and getting ready to drop a class from her schedule she was complaining about this and that as any other 17 year old would do.
On Wednesday 9.22 morning she left w/out saying goodbye to me but had her friend call me later to say she forgot her phone and to call her on her friends. I did call later that afternoon and awaited her arrival from her Big Day at The Big E she came home with gifts as she always did she was so not selfish and loved to share w/her siblings. We discussed her whole day for over a half hour, she was not feeling well from all the Fair food she had eaten and said she was off to take a shower she did and then came back to check in with me said she felt a lil better and was off to bed, I said I love you and I'll see you tomorrow she said ok as usual then a few minutes later Tragedy struck from one moment to the next our lives changed and the details are a lil hard to come to terms with but I feel everyone must have their own ideas and I want everything to be clear and out in the open on what happened..................
Charlie suffered a seizure and went into cardiac arrest (her heart just stopped) it was a fluke and still undetermined on why & how. General ideas have been formed but it was a horrible tragedy.
Charlie lost her fight for life on Saturday those 4 days at the hospital were an eternity for me days and evenings that went on and I'm not sure how we got through them it's all a daze still.
Her presence is still here in our home her siblings, and other family still feel her. I take comfort in feeling and knowing that. I also take comfort in knowing that she had an amazing day with her classmates from the EWHS Band and Color Guard.....
I only ask that you give her younger siblings space and let them grieve and be respectful of their feelings as it's a hard time for all of us and being in school with a million and one questions it's harder on them. I thank you all for your prayers, support and sympathy.
I know we will be celebrating her life at the EWHS some time next week. Details to come
For now if you'd like to Donate to The Charlie Gonzalez Memorial Fund to help cover Hospital and Funeral costs any amount is appreciated and helpful


Thanks Again and just continue to keep us in your prayers and sending us Positive Vibes
Share:

26 comments:

Pam said...

Mary, you are all in my thoughts and prayers, I am so sorry for your loss. I sent in some money through Crystal but if there is anything else I can do please let me know, CT isn't too far away, I'm happy to help! Hugs girl!

Chere Carter said...

Mary, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Charlie. My heart hurts for you :( u are in my thoughts sweetie.

robin said...

Oh Mary, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart breaks for you and your family. Charlie was such a beautiful girl. Hugs!!!!

Kathy Moore said...

I am so sorry, Mary. I had no idea as I don't spend much time in the digi world these days, but when I saw the collab from mScraps, I was shocked. I know there are no words, I cannot imagine your pain right now. I am thinking of you and praying for you and your DH and your family.

Sam said...

So sorry for you loss Mary. I can't imgine how difficult it is for you and your family. Praying for you, your family and dear daughter.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary, I just don't know what to say. You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

LynnZ

Nancy said...

Mary I am so very sorry to read of your loss. You are in my prayers.

Amy AnZ's Mom said...

I am so very saddened for you.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time! I'm a mother myself, and my heart just breaks for you!! I know no words can make this situation any better, just know that I'm praying for you and the family at this time!

MiYon said...

Mary, it's been a while since I've spoken to anyone from the digital scrapping world or checked my gmail. I finally read the heartbreaking news through a letter from Lex. I came over to your blog right away to read the whole story. I am so very sorry for your loss! I can't put into words how devastated and sad I feel for you. You are your family are in my thoughts! ((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

I'm soo sorry for your loss, Mary. I'm soo saddened by the news. May she rest in peace. Hugs to you and your family. My deepest condolences. From: Beth aka kewl_jive

Jessica knorr said...

I am so sorry for you loss!! I know what it is to lose someone you deeply love as I lost my neice and nephew many years back and even though they are not my children I was a big part of helping to raise them and many times they spent more time with me then with their mother. I still feel their presence and its been 18 years since they passed away. There are no easy words to say and nothing but time will help to diminish the grief you feel but remembering the good feelings and memories you made although bittersweet does help. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your family as you grieve. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and sadness you feel. I pray that you and your family will find peace with time and that Charlie may rest in peace and watch over you from heaven.

-Igloodwellerz

Theresa Lindamood said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know you but found you through the Sweet Shoppe kit. I lost my 5.5 year old brother post seizure and my heart goes out to you and your family. I stopped now to pray for you all. Grief is a difficult journey, filled with surprises that are joyful and painful. May God give you peace!

Sine said...

This has to be any parents worst nightmare. I'm SO sorry to hear about your loss, and I feel your pain.
I'm sending my thoughts to you and your family. Lean on each other, use each other and stay tight!

XOXO
Sine

Teresa said...

This is the first time I've been to your blog (saw the ad for the charity kit) and am in tears! My heart breaks for you and what you have gone through and will continue to go through. I'm definitely buying the kit!

Much love & prayers,
Teresa

Amanda said...

Like so many others, I don't personally know you, but came to read of your Daughter's story through the Scrap Orchard/Sweet Shoppe Collab. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your daughter looks to have been a very bright and beautiful young lady. My deepest condolences to you and yours. May God watch over you and know that Charlie is watching over you as well. Lots of love and prayers to you and your family.

Krista said...

I first saw your layouts in memory of your sweet girl yesterday, and then the collab today. Though I only know you a little from both being on Chrissy W's CT, I felt I must let you know that I am thinking about you in this time and praying for your family. I am truly sorry for your loss. Peace, I wish it were mine to give to you. I am deeply touched by your enormous loss and had to extend a (((hug))) your way.

Justk said...

Mary I am so sorry for you and your famlies loss. There are not words that can express how sorry I am. May you find strength to hold your family together and stay strong for her siblings. Thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to all

Anonymous said...

Prayer for you and your children. Charlie sounds like she was a wonderful beautiful person. Thank you for sharing your story. God bless you in this difficult time.

linda said...

I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers your way during this difficult time. I saw the post about the Helping Hand and will definitely do what little I can to help out. My best to you and your family.

CandiS said...

Dear Mary,

Of course words will never truly describe how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Your daughter, Charlie, is beautiful in body and spirit, I can tell just by reading your words and by looking into her eyes in her lovely photograph.

You are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I know we've never met, however, I felt very moved by your blog post and you have helped me to remember to treat each day as though it's a beautiful gift and not a given. You are so brave and kind to share your story with us, I wish I could give you a huge hug.

I will be contributing to Charlie's Memorial Fund, it is the very least we can do. I heard about Charlie and your family via The Sweet Shoppe and I am so proud of the selfless people in the digital scrap community that I love so dearly. If it weren't for all of the artists and fans "putting the word out" I would have never had the opportunity to know about Charlie and your family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of Charlie's loved ones.

God Bless,

C. in Colorado

Manuela Rohde aka shayenne said...

Mary
with tears in my eyes i have se what you are writing and waht is happening
my thoughts and prayers are with you in this hard time
will your dd rest in peace
i hope you will come over the lost and pain
All the best for all my dear

Hugs shay

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that God gives you peace and comfort.

Dodie Sa said...

I am so sorry to hear such sad news. Those photos you have of Charlie are beautiful and so full of life! Such a horrible tragedy. Know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Monika said...

Oh,mary,
I'm soo sorry for your loss.
My prayers are with you and your family.

hugs
monika